Built environment research group
TalTech priority area
Research classification (Frascati)
Head of the research group
Research group member
recycled aggregate concrete
(environmentally friendly) building materials
The research topics of the team are: (1) builtenvironment, urban and regional planning; (2)community development, economic revitalization, reuse and restoration, urban and ruralsettlement assessment; (3) heritage conservationin urban planning and historical landscapesand parks; (4) revitalization of brownfields; (5)examination of historical buildings; (6) construction materials, indoor climate, aspects of building physics and energy efficiency; (7) possibilities toproduce recycled aggregate concrete, (8) cyberphysical systems for buildings and urban andregional planning.These issues are topical in the field of urbanplanning and help to solve problems with theimplementation of cyber-physics systems inconstruction, industry and other fields of life.
International research on the structural renovation of office buildings, schools, and kindergartens – A sub-study of the Future Spaces project
Factors Influencing the Implementation of Age-Friendly Communities in Estonia. Applications in Urban Planning and Public Administration
Teadusgrupiga seotud publikatsioonid
- Kauppinen, A., Kiviste, M., Pirhonen, J., Tuominen, E., Laukkarinen, A., Huttunen, P., Vinha, J. Air pressure differences over external walls in new and retrofitted schools and daycare centers // Buildings (2022) vol. 12, 10, art. 1629.
- Leetsaar, L., Korkiala-Tanttu, L., Kurnitski, J. CPT, CPTu and DCPT methods for predicting the ultimate bearing capacity of cast in situ displacement piles in silty soils // Geotechnical and Geological Engineering (2023) vol. 41, p. 631-652.
- Kaplinski-Sauk, M., Nutt, N., Kotval, Z. How Estonian village structures have evolved: a study into the morphological form of the villages of Paduvere and Vaimastvere from the 1700s to the present day // Journal of baltic studies (2022) vol. 54, 2, p. 309-333.
- Mihucz, V.G., Ruus, A., Raamets, J., Wimmerová, L., Vera, T., Bossi, R., Huttunen, K. A review of microbial and chemical assessment of indoor surfaces // Applied Spectroscopy Reviews (2022) vol. 57, 9-10, p. 817-889.
- Vares, M.-L., Ruus, A., Nutt, N., Kubjas, A., Raamets, J. Determination of paper plaster hygrothermal performance: influence of different types of paper on sorption and moisture buffering // Journal of building engineering (2021) vol. 33, art. 101830, 8 p. : ill.
- Kask, R., Lille, H., Kiviste, M., Kruus, S., Lääne, J. O. Effect of soaking/oven-drying on mechanical and physical properties of birch (Betula spp.) plywood // Drvna industrija (2021) vol. 72, 2, p. 121-129.