Structural engineering research group
TalTech priority area
Research classification (Frascati)
Head of the research group
Research group member
The studies of the group are related to theanalysis of various building structures andfoundations.Current research is focused on timber and steelstructures at ambient and elevated temperatures. Design methods are developed regardingthe effect of the charring layer on resistance oftimber elements in fire. Interaction of timberstructures with different insulation materialsand claddings is also studied. The Europeantest method for determining the fire resistanceof adhesives used in engineered wood structuresis under development. The research results havedirect connection with the revision process ofEurocode 5.Other topics of research cover connections andstiffness properties of cross laminated timberelements and behaviour of steel elements andconnections in fire.The members of the group provide their expertisein industrial research and development projectsof the construction sector.The research group cooperates with other technical universities and research institutes (ETH,RISE, TUM, MPA Stuttgart).
Teadusgrupiga seotud publikatsioonid
- Liblik, J., Just, A. Small-scale assessment method for the fire resistance of historic plaster system and timber structures // Fire and materials (2022) vol. 47, 1, p. 62−74 : ill.
- Liblik, J., Nurk, M., Just, A. Charring performance of timber structures protected by traditional lime-based plasters // Construction and building materials (2022) vol. 347, art. 128572.
- Alao, P. F., Marrot, L., Kallakas, H., Just, A., Poltimae, T., Kers, J. Effect of hemp fiber surface treatment on the moisture/water resistance and reaction to fire of reinforced PLA composites // Materials (2021) Vol. 14, 15, art. 4332, 17 p. : ill.
- Kleinhenz, M., Just, A., Frangi, A. Experimental analysis of cross-laminated timber rib panels at normal temperature and in fire // Engineering structures (2021) Vol. 246, art. 113091, 14 p. : ill.
- Kervalishvili, A., Talvik, I. Reliability based design method for buckling of steel columns in fire // Journal of Structural Fire Engineering (2020) Vol. 11, Issue 2, p. 167 - 187.