Electrical machines research group
TalTech priority area
Research classification (Frascati)
Head of the research group
Research group member
The Electrical Machines Research Group is mainly involved in analysis, design, testing,development etc. of electrical machines, including wind generators. Additionally, the research group deals with electrical machine diagnostics,developing of permanent magnet materials for the use in electrical machines, novel methodologies for design and optimization of electrical machines and drives.The main research topics of the last years have been the investigation of additive manufacturing possibilities of electrical machines and the development of this technology. Active research is going on in the field of intelligent methods for electrical machines and drive systems condition monitoring and diagnostics, involving Artificial Intelligence methods, possibilities provided by Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 technologies.The group is actively involved in scientific partnership with other universities and R&D institutions. Services, such as consultations, trainings, expert assessment, etc., are provided for industrial partners.
Teadusgrupiga seotud publikatsioonid
- Tiismus, H., Kallaste, A., Vaimann, T., Rassõlkin, A. State of the art of additively manufactured electromagnetic materials for topology optimized electrical machines // Additive manufacturing (2022) vol. 55, art. 102778, 19 p. : ill.
- Naseer, M. U., Kallaste, A., Asad, B., Vaimann, T., Rassõlkin, A. Modified winding function analysis of synchronous reluctance motor for design iteration purposes // IEEE transactions on magnetics (2022) vol. 58, 9, art. 7500704.
- Ghahfarokhi, P. S., Podgornovs, A., Kallaste, A., Cardoso, A. J. M., Belahcen, A., Vaimann, T. The oil spray cooling system of automotive traction motors : the state of the art // IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification (2023) vol. 9, 1, p. 428-451.
- Asad, B., Vaimann, T., Belahcen, A., Kallaste, A., Rassõlkin, A., Khang, H. V., Ghahfarokhi, P. S., Naseer, M. U., Iqbal, M. N. The modeling and investigation of slot skews and supply imbalance on the development of principal slotting harmonics in squirrel cage induction machines // IEEE Access (2021) vol. 9, p. 165932-165946.
- Ghahfarokhi, P. S., Podgornovs, A., Kallaste, A. et al. Opportunities and challenges of utilizing additive manufacturing approaches in thermal management of electrical machines // IEEE Access (2021) vol. 9, art. 9364970, p. 36368-36381 : ill.
- Asad, B., Tiismus, H., Vaimann, T., Belahcen, A., Kallaste, A., Rassõlkin, A., Ghafarokhi, P. S. Sliding mean value subtraction-based DC drift correction of B-H curve for 3D-printed magnetic materials // Energies (2021) vol. 14, 2, art. 284, 10 p.